Yup. That Rune Factory 3 we mentioned a couple updates ago? Information's finally coming out for it. It's for the DS, and its official site
is finally up.Scans.
Famitsu scans first. Neogaf
has some here, and true-gaming
has some too.Screens
. Next, screenshots. Famitsu.com has posted some. Check them out!Gameplay Details.
IGN wrote an article about the game. Here are a few snippets of it:
- the main character's name is Maisu.
- all the classic aspects of RF are still here---raising monsters, farming in caves
- but you can also take plants into battle!
- a "transformation belt" lets you transform into monsters! which will unlock different abilities and conversations
- also, you live in a tree. it's supposed to be much larger and roomier than the usual HM house.
also wrote an article: he mainly comments on how the character interaction has seemingly improved. Apparently now, the dialogue and actions of NPCs will actually depend on each other a bit---they'll go about their daily lives as normal, but what they do/say will alter depending on the relationships you form and the decisions you make in the game.
Now, onto the headline.MANWOMAN ?
That's what Siliconera thinks, at least. You can see a picture of our new protagonist up at the right. Do you think it's a boy or a girl? Now see this very amusing quote by the writer at Siliconera:I don’t have anything against effeminate characters. I’ve played and loved enough Square Enix games, but this…this…manwoman…with his fringe (is that what it’s called?) and bangs and hairband is a bit too much.
lawls. Well, the last time they tried to make a manwoman, they came out with Jamie (Magical Melody). I'm pretty sure this one turned out better.