HMO Fair Use and Copyright Concerns
This page was created to address any copyright concerns regarding Harvest Moon Otaku's game content pages.
HMOtaku pages which include images, text and other coded content describing Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games were created for the following purposes:
- To increase awareness of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory franchises
- To indirectly promote and increase sales of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games, by showcasing links on the main content pages for newer games to websites where these games/strategy guides may be purchased
- To provide fans with up-to-date information on the games, and in some cases including image and text descriptions of such games.
- To allow fans of the series to overwhelm themselves with nostalgia
We realize the exact legality of some of the content we include on this site may be a little unclear. For example, screenshot images and artwork from the games are posted on this site, often without direct written permission from the game distributors. To hopefully help clear up any problems, we provide 6 points to help justify the existence of our game content pages.
- We use do not openly offer or promote content on our website for direct download.
- No advertisements of any kind (including pop-ups, banner ads, etc.) appear on any of the content pages. It is not our intention to make money off of this site.
- Of the games and official strategy guides that have been released over the last 10-15 years, most of them are discontinued and near impossible to find anywhere to purchase online.
- We offer fair solutions on this page in the case that a representative wishes to have their copyrighted material conditionally changed or removed.
- This website is available internationally, and because copyright laws differ depending on country, it is extremely inconvenient to attempt to follow a web of international laws, thus:
- We feel HMOtaku falls under Fair Use because this site exists for non-profit purposes, and because we help promote the market for the copyrighted material (we provide links to external sites where the games and strategy guides can be purchased).
But we understand if you are a representative from a company that feels their copyright is being violated. If this is the case and you wish to have certain content removed, please see the "Notice and Procedure for Content Removal from HMOtaku" section below. Or if you'd like to make other conditions, other than removal, please contact us at email@example.com
Thanks for reading and understanding,
Notice and Procedure for Content Removal from HMOtaku
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Service Provider(s): HMOtaku
Name of Agent Designated to Receive
Notification of Claimed Infringement: Mike
Email Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Service Provider shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Service Provider shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer ("Subscriber");
- Service Provider shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.